Interested in or curious about what our lab does?
We are the BaCN (Behavioral and Cognitive Neuroscience) lab at Utah Valley University. We do multiple undergraduate research projects, which can be student-generated. We also help our students grow and get hands on experience with research, mentoring, teamwork, and leadership. The earlier you start with BaCN, the more you learn and can use your experience in the research field, graduate school, and overall career. Consider joining in your freshman year!
Recent BaCN Accomplishments:
- Over $178,000 funded for general research
- 42 Conferences
- 1 Peer Review Journal with Students
- Over $25,000 of Student Funding
Benefits of Joining BaCN:
- You can SCULPT your academic success. SCULPT assist in teaching though based learning. Advances your learning processes and learn new skills like critical thinking, problem solving, team work or networking. While working with faculty members on our main campus. Want to know more click here https://www.uvu.edu/sculpt/
- You can gain 5 Essential Skills for Every Undergraduate Researcher: Creativity, Judgment, Communication, Organization & Persistence. Find out more here https://www.cur.org/assets/1/7/333Spring13Showman16-20.pdf
- Nervous? Don’t know what steps to take to make the most of your undergraduate research career? Here is an article that helps you with 10 simple steps on how to get started and what to do. Click Here https://journals.plos.org/ploscompbiol/article?id=10.1371/journal.pcbi.1005484
Basic Expectation of Lab Members:
- Regularly attend weekly lab meetings (~1 hour)
- Dedicate 4-5 hours a week on average for lab research (includes lab meeting)
- Keep track of hours each week spent on lab activities, then log them.
How to apply for our Undergraduate Research Team:
Once you apply online the next step is an interview with our Lab Team. If you apply and interview in Spring 2019, positions will start the following Fall 2019 semester, so you can still enjoy your summer break! After completing application process our student lab manager will contact you via email and will set up an interview with our lab team. Click here to apply: https://uvu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_e5nkye1kPBlBGJL. The survey requires a password so that bots don’t constantly fill it out. The password is BaCNRA
We look forward to your application!